~ SCCYSL Coaches ~
2014 Coaching Courses
A complete schedule of CYSA Coaching Courses, including those outside SC County can be seen here: http://www.calnorth.org/coaching/courses/course_calendar/
Coaching License Requirements
Beginning this year Cal North will be requiring all coaches (head and assistant) to hold a minimum of a US Soccer National E license, which is different from the old CYSA E license. The coaching curriculum isb changing, with new courses being developed by the US Soccer Federation. At present the F course is that developed by Cal North, but USSF will soon be releasing a new course that adheres to the new USSF coaching curriculum to replace this.
The courses are very practical, and demonstrate fun and effective games and drills for teaching soccer. They are designed to help coaches at all levels, Recreational and Competitive, and at all age groups. The clinics are great for those new to the game as well as returning coaches. Anyone who is thinking about coaching this coming Spring or Fall is encouraged to enroll.
- F license – A 7-hour course designed to provide an overview of the basic coaching concepts. Completion of this course is required before applications for the E course can be accepted.
- E license – An 18-hour course covering the elementary principles of coaching and preparing coaches for the National D license course, focus is on developing players form 9 to 12 years of age.
- D license – A 36-hour course designed for the experienced coach who has already earned the National E license. The focus of this course is to improve the ability of both the team and the individual for players 13-14 years of age.
- Goalkeeper Course – A 7-hour course designed to give the participant a technical and tactical understanding of the goal keeper position.
2014 SCCYSL Sponsored CYSA Coaching Courses
There are upcoming courses for the USSF E License in April, May and June that will be taught in Santa Cruz.
For more information and to sign up please go to the CalNorth Website.
Course Materials for Coaches
A list of reading requirements for all candidates coming to the National D course are provided including other materials that could help any other coach as well. The D Manual and the Best Soccer Practices Spanish version are both available:
National D Course Materials:
U.S. Soccer Candidate Recommended Reading:
The Positive Coaching Alliance:
- Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) Training is mandatory for all SCCYSL Coaches effective 2004 season.
- All Goals Must be anchored for games and practices! No anchors--No match! Keep your players safe at alltimes.
- Learn more at the Positive Coaching Alliance website.
Additional Coaching Resources: